When it comes to electing Democrats to state legislative seats, our record is second to none.
We’ve helped elect Democrats in chambers from Oregon to Iowa to South Carolina and we’ve contributed to ground-breaking victories for women and minorities.
Maryland State Senator Sarah Elfreth
Maryland State Senator Sarah Elfreth won a swing district in 2018 by focusing on public education and the Chesapeake Bay.
South Carolina State Senator Dick Harpootlian
Dick Harpootlian was elected to the South Carolina State Senate in November 2018, flipping a seat held by the GOP for over 30 years.
Indiana State Representative Chris Chyung
At 25 years old, Chris Chyung is one of the youngest members ever elected to the Indiana State Legislature and is the first Asian-American state legislator in Indiana’s history.
Iowa State Representative Heather Matson
In Iowa, State Representative Heather Matson is part of a wave of new women legislators who defeated long-time Republican incumbents in 2018.
ADDITIONAL STATE LEGISLATIVE WORK
- Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee, Independent Expenditure
- Maryland Democratic Senate Caucus
- Future PAC, Oregon Democratic House Caucus
- Indiana Democratic House Caucus
- Iowa House Democratic Caucus
- Kentucky Democratic House Caucus, Independent Expenditure
- Illinois State Representative Will Guzzardi for SEIU IL
- South Carolina Senate Democratic Caucus
- South Carolina League of Conservation Voters, Independent Expenditure