The largest and most influential independent expenditure campaigns have trusted McKenna Media to create winning media strategies to boost Democratic candidates across the country.
For an unprecedented third cycle, in 2018, Martha McKenna again managed the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee Independent Expenditure arm. During her tenure running the IE, she’s managed over 150 million dollars in research and advertising on behalf of the DSCC, winning races from coast to coast.
New Hampshire Senate
In 2014, U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen was facing the toughest challenge of her career. Two years earlier, former U.S. Senator Scott Brown, darling of the far right, had been defeated by Democrat Elizabeth Warren in Massachusetts. The next election cycle, he moved to New Hampshire to run against Senator Shaheen. In one of the cycle’s most hotly contested races, McKenna Media helped the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee send Scott Brown packing. Scott Brown became the only person to lose to two Democratic women for the U.S. Senate—once in Massachusetts and once in New Hampshire.
When it comes to elections, the conversation begins at the dinner table, the school parking lot — and the beauty shop.
We are proud to have worked with EMILY’s List WomenVote! to elect a number of strong women to the U.S. House of Representatives including DCCC Chairwoman Rep. Cheri Bustos. In addition, we have worked with the following organizations in districts and states across the country.
- Governor Tim Walz & Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan for Minnesota Victory PAC
- Local races in multiple states for ACLU
- Senator Jeanne Shaheen for Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- Senator Mark Begich for Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- Senator Kay Hagan for FWD.us
- Congresswoman Cheri Bustos for EMILY’s List
- Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty for EMILY’s List
- Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici for EMILY’s List
- Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
- Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- Senate Majority PAC
- SEIU Illinois